Friday, April 11, 2014

Staircase to stamina

I work in the 7th floor of my office building. Soon after I rejoined work here, I noticed that a few of my co-workers always took the stairs especially while going up. This seemed like a good way of sneaking in a mini-workout. So, whenever I was not carrying anything very heavy, I started using the stairs instead of the elevator to go up. I continue to do so till date.

Thanks to my persuading (okay, fine, nagging), I usually get anyone who is accompanying me to use the stairs as well. Sure, these being long flights of stairs, we all sound huffy-puffy a few floors in, but with company, the climb does not seem quite so long.

Last evening, a couple of co-workers and I were heading back to work after some event. As usual, your truly steered them to the stairs and we started climbing. We had just crossed the fourth floor, when one of my panting coworkers said to the other, "Look at Archana, she is not even out of breath." and then to me, "Do you do this regularly?". That was when I realized that, I was indeed not sounding like a leaky tire. Before I could respond, the co-worker added in an impressed voice, "You are still looking fresh as well - not even broken into a sweat". True, I was not feeling *that* winded out either. I grinned and said that I take the stairs almost everyday and apparently the effort was finally paying off.

Somehow the co-worker's comments made me feel ridiculously pleased with myself. I try to sneak in extra activity wherever I can and tell myself that every little bit helps me be fitter and build up stamina as well. While I can see that for myself at times, it was still very nice to get unsolicited validation from someone else.

So continuing with stair-climbing it is. Too bad for anyone who is accompanying me to any place with stairs.

5 comments:

Bharathis said...

Way to go! Now we know why you look so slim even after a trip to India☺

Archana said...

Mummy - you'll be the only person to use the word "slim" while talking about me :-P.

babu said...

very nice.... using Staircase is make ourself very confident and brisk.
Nice initiative.... Keep going, good luck

(Keep india clean - use dust bin)

Anonymous said...

clip in thread hair wraps micro bead hair extensions falling out real hair wigs clip in hair extensions los angeles black hairstyles for medium hair 2017 women hair extensions revive hair and beauty phone number 360 frontal human hair hair wigs how many bundles of hair do i need for a partial sew in drag queen wigs amazon lace wigs

Packers and Movers Hyderabad said...

Packers And Movers Hyderabad to Kolkata

Packers And Movers Hyderabad to Lucknow

Packers And Movers Hyderabad to Patna

Packers And Movers Hyderabad to Haridwar

Packers And Movers Hyderabad to Noida

Packers And Movers Hyderabad to Guntur